The Classics Local Rules
- USGA Rules apply, click here
- Free drop from ant hills, cart paths, staked trees (one club length no nearer the hole)
- Red Stakes - lateral hazard
- Red Stakes/Green top - environmental area, DO NOT ENTER
- White Stakes - out of bounds
CWGA General Information
- All play will be governed by USGA Rules. The professional golf staff and the Rules Chairperson, Donna Gagnon will settle any disputes. If you have a rules question, double click on Donna's name.
- In order to be eligible to win prizes in all CWGA events, you must be a member of the Classics Women's Golf Association and have paid the annual membership fee of $40.00. The only exceptions are Club Championship, Senior Club Championship, Member/Member Event, the Turkey Shoot and the SAWC Charity Event.
- All play will be from red/aqua combination tees unless otherwise noted.
- Format of play is subject to change depending on participation and course conditions.
- All putts must be holed out on Ladies Day Events.
- A player may not pick up on any hole in Individual Gross or Net Event play or they will be disqualified. However you should adjust your score according to the Equitable Stroke Control Chart before entering your score into the computer.
- The Golf Shop will only enter scores for the Club Championship, Senior Club Championship and Member/Member Days.
- All score cards should be signed, attested and turned in to the Pro Shop upon completion of play.
- The maximum handicap for all CWGA events is 36.
- Players must have an established 18-hole handicap at The Classics of 36 or less, or a verifiable USGA Index Number from another Golf Club sent to The Classics Pro Shop. This applies to all Club Tournaments.